The Baldaufs’ Romantic Vintage Wedding at Birch Hill Estate
Stephanie Huba and Jeremy Baldauf came to us with a beautiful vintage wedding vision that meshed seamlessly with Birch Hill Estate’s features. The Baldaufs had great confidence in their Birch Hill event coordinator, Bridget Gardy, so even as their July 7th date approached and their guest count rose to 200, they were excited for their flawless, romantic wedding.
As we look back on the Baldaufs’ wedding, we want to share every personal detail.
A Romantic Vintage Wedding Theme Brought to Life
The Baldaufs Arrived Ready to Celebrate
As soon as they pulled up in a vintage car at the Birch Hill Estate, our staff ensured the couple felt very comfortable, and their photographer, Meghan Marks, began snapping photos.
It was important to us that the couple was able to start their wedding stress-free and glowing with excitement. Stephanie said she appreciated how easy we made her wedding planning by “covering major wedding ‘must haves,’” like “the cake, catering in-house and gorgeous ceremony sites around the property.”
Rustic Wood and Delicate Candles Set the Scene
Guests were enamored by the personalized decorations and rustic décor. Our creative wedding planners had so much fun combining vintage elements with elegant lights, lanterns and candles. These details created a beautiful and welcoming scene among a green and light pink color scheme with navy accents.
Personalized Ceremony in the Conservatory Atrium
A welcome station with iced water, iced tea and lemonade greeted guests as they settled in for the evening ceremony. In the stunning Conservatory Atrium, guests were enchanted by bows, tulle, white pillars and trees, lanterns and candles—every aspect was personalized to embrace their romantic vintage theme. And officiant Remy Lafargue made the most of this serene setting, giving an incredibly touching ceremony.
Cozy Cocktail Hour
With rain the day of, guests enjoyed drinks and small bites by the gorgeous fireplace in our Columbia Ballroom. The Baldaufs, who had planned for an outdoor cocktail hour, were thrilled that this alternative space still brought the outdoors inside with floor-to-ceiling windows and use of the private patio.
From 7–8pm, all guests enjoyed a full bar in the patio area. With the curtains closed, tin candles, Tivoli lighting, light pink chair ties and gold Chiavari chairs gave the ballroom a romantic, vintage atmosphere. Guests socialized over these hand-passed hors d’oeuvres:
- Applewood bacon wrapped sea scallops with a bourbon maple glaze
- Grilled steak with candied red onions over goat cheese crostini
- Mini reubens on toasted rye with melted Swiss cheese
- Spinach stuffed mushroom caps poached in sherry wine
In the final moments of the cocktail hour, some guests gathered in the bridal loft for a private cocktail, making memories they will cherish for a lifetime.
An Incredible Wedding Reception Really Takes Off
At 8pm, guests gathered for introductions, the first dance and the champagne toast. We absolutely love the Baldaufs’ choice of strawberry champagne—a tasty selection that also complemented their color scheme.
Make Your Own Wedding Meal
The Baldaufs wanted to design a menu that would encourage guests to mix and mingle, so every corner of the ballroom was filled with fun menu items, including:
- Salad bar: Garden fresh mixed greens with croutons on the side and fresh ingredients like cucumbers, black olives, onions, carrots, tomatoes, bacon bites and peppers, as well as ranch and creamy balsamic dressings.
- Carving board station
- Turkey carving station: Cranberry orange glazed tom turkey with cranberry chutney, fresh baked rolls and butter
- Prime rib carving station: Generous slices of prime rib with au jus, creamy horseradish, fresh baked rolls and butter
- Italian Station
- Penne pasta: with alfredo sauce
- Penne pasta: with vodka cream sauce
- Stuffed shells: along with homemade meatballs and marinara
- Mashed Potato Bar: Golden Yukon potatoes accompanied by a variety of toppings, including caramelized onions, chopped chives, cheddar cheese, homemade salsa, smoked bacon, broccoli, sour cream and butter
Once guests filled their plates and visited the bar for a Sam Seasonal, Budweiser or other beverage, they found their way to dinner tables decorated with charming candles and gorgeous flowers. This custom-designed menu was a pleasure to create with the Baldaufs, and their guests enjoyed the variety.
Cake Cutting and More!
After dinner, the Baldaufs cut into their decadent wedding cake from Cookie Factory. We also provided chocolate-covered strawberries and a full coffee and tea service. Between the sweets and entertainment by DJ Ron from SEH Entertainment, the dance floor was full of energy until the night ended, leaving the guests with unforgettable memories.
But what mattered most to us was providing the perfect wedding to the Baldaufs. Stephanie said, “We always dreamed of what our wedding day would look like, and on July 7, 2017 Birch Hill made that dream a reality.”
More articles you might enjoy:
- Wedding Spotlight: Tracee and Bill’s Winter Wedding
- Featured Venue of the Week: The Saratoga Springs City Center